REAL MADRID CLUB DE FÚTBOL General Policy for the Protection of Personal Data
Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
Identity: Real Madrid Club de Futbol
Postal address: Av. Concha Espina, número 1, 28036, Madrid
Contact Data Protection Office: email@example.com
How will we process your data?
In compliance with the provisions of current legislation on data protection, and in the context of the new regulatory framework established by virtue of the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of said data (hereinafter, the "General Regulations"), and the national regulations on the protection of personal data, we inform you that the personal data that you provide us (hereinafter, the "Data"), will be subject to processing by Real Madrid Club de Futbol (hereinafter, "Real Madrid", or the " CLUB ", indistinctly), with registered office in Madrid, Avenida Concha Espina, 1, 28036, Madrid (Spain).
You declare that the information and data you have given us is accurate and true, reserving the CLUB the right to exclude from the services those interested parties who have provided false information, without prejudice to legal action. You will be solely responsible for any false or inaccurate statements that you make and for the damages caused to the CLUB or to third parties.
All the fields that appear on the Real Madrid forms will be required to be completed, so the omission of any of them may lead to it being impossible for us to meet your request, unless the form itself has fields of voluntary completion. Personal data will be treated with the degree of protection legally required to avoid any loss, alteration, treatment or unauthorised access.
If you have any questions regarding data protection you can contact the Real Madrid Data Protection Office through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With what purpose and legitimacy do we process your personal data?
In general, your data will be processed by the CLUB for the fulfilment of the following purposes:
- Management of your relationship with the CLUB: Real Madrid will be able to process your data for the management of your relationship with the CLUB, including in this process, the development of any operation necessary for its maintenance.
- Organisation of services and events: The CLUB organises draws, competitions and promotional events. In these cases, the interested party who wants to participate, will sign up voluntarily by completing the forms that the CLUB provides for this purpose. The CLUB will process the data obtained through the participation forms in these services and events in order to be able to manage the interested party's participation, as well as the publication of the prizes, or any additional information that may be necessary, in the event that it occurs. This process will only be carried out if Real Madrid has the consent of the interested party.
- Management of requests and applications: In order for Real Madrid to manage those requests and applications that you send us, the CLUB will process the information you provide. This information will allow the CLUB to give you an answer to them, and to put at your disposal solutions that adapt to your needs. The CLUB undertakes to process the data obtained and provided by you as long as they are necessary for the purpose described.
- Sending newsletters and magazines: Real Madrid will carry out, both by ordinary and electronic means, the sending of newsletters and magazines, as well as information on the activities and services of the CLUB, as long as you have consented to this service. Whenever this service is carried out by electronic means, it will be legitimised in satisfying the legitimate interests of the CLUB, by virtue of the provisions of article 21 of Law 34/2002, from July 11, on services of the company of information and electronic commerce, as well as the European Regulation of Commercial Electronic Communications. At any time you can object to this service through contact with the Real Madrid Data Protection Office in the email mentioned above.
- onducting surveys on customers or potential customers: In order to verify the quality of communications, the procedures of Real Madrid, the service we provide, as well as the products and services that we provide, the CLUB may conduct satisfaction surveys. This process is based on the legitimate interest of the CLUB. In order to improve our procedures, we can contact you to find out your level of satisfaction with them, and thus be able to improve those issues that require your greatest satisfaction. You can always object to receiving any communication of this nature through contact with the Real Madrid Data Protection Office in the email address mentioned above.
- Communication of your personal data to third parties collaborators and sponsors: Real Madrid may, on certain occasions, communicate your personal data to collaborators and sponsors for the development of commercial actions by them (through post, mailing, fax, SMS, electronic mail and any telematic means) by means of a general nature or adapted to your personal characteristics, as long as you have given your consent through the form established for that purpose. Also, we inform you that you can oppose and/or withdraw your consent for this service at any time. Additionally, in the event that you are a member of the Club Membership group, you can contact the Online Partner Service Office (https://socios.realmadrid.com), registering and identifying yourself beforehand with your Membership number. In order to oppose and/or withdraw your consent for this at any time.
- In the case that you are a member of Real Madrid Club de Fútbol, the CLUB could process your data for the following purposes with additional character:
- Management of the relationship with the members, basketball season ticket holders and holders of the electronic ticket, including economic, accounting, fiscal and administrative management, among others: The CLUB will be able to process your data for the management of your membership status, including this service, the modification and/or updating of your data, changing of personal data, modification of bank account details, updating the members of the family unit, updating of photos, requesting of duplicates, monitoring of payments and status of social quotas, management of the financing of social quotas, management of the request for the reduction of quotas. In the same way, your data will be processed for the application of football or basketball subscription management, request for visits to the Sports City, management of the purchase of tickets at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and on trips outside the stadium such as basketball and Real Madrid Castilla, in case it is necessary due to its physical condition, the management of the ticket and circulation of the sports grounds, request for tickets for the concerts held at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, and the management of complaints, claims and/or suggestions.
- Management of membership registration and cancellation, registration and cancellation of football and basketball subscribers, whether temporary or permanent, registration and cancellation of electronic tickets: In order for the CLUB to manage all registrations and cancellations of member registrations and subscribers, temporary or definite, football or basketball, the CLUB will treat the information you provide, including that which could be obtained from the navigation through the website. This information will allow the CLUB to know your profile, and thus be able to make better offers, and put at your disposal information that may be of interest to you about events and activities organized by the CLUB. The CLUB undertakes to process the data obtained and facilitated by you for the maintenance of its membership status, and the relationship it maintains with the CLUB, provided that this data is necessary for the purpose described.
- Management of incidents in the stadium and infractions according to the Disciplinary Rules of the Club: Likewise, you are informed that the CLUB will process your personal data, as long as this relates to altercations, fights, brawls or public disorder in which you may be involved, as well as to deal with infractions stipulated in the Regulations of the Club's Disciplinary Committee. This data may be communicated to the authorities and security forces and bodies for judicial purposes and citizen security. On the other hand, you also know and consent that personal data related to such situations may be notified by these authorities to the CLUB for the purposes indicated above.
- Additionally, in the event that you are part of the Madridista Loyalty Program, holding the status of Madridista, we will treat your information with the following purposes:
- Management of the relationship with the Madridista and access to the advantages of the Loyalty Program: The CLUB will be able to process your data for the management of your Madridista status, included in this service is the development of any operation and, by way of example and not limiting, the provision of the Madridista Card, the modification and/or update of your data, change of personal information, modification of bank account details or means of payment, request for duplicates, and the monitoring of your payments. Real Madrid will process your data for the exploitation of the Madridista program, as well as any other complementary means put at your disposal in the terms set out in the General Conditions of the Madridista Loyalty Program, such as the "Promotional Media", making available the "Advantages offered by the Madridista Program", and the access and enjoyment of the promotions, advantages and additional draws that, if applicable, are developed and that will be considered "Special Advantages". The Advantages and/or Special Advantages may be offered by Real Madrid or by, entities collaborating or sponsoring the Club, successively related to or incorporated into the Madridista Loyalty Program.
- Sending newsletters, magazines, and communications to the Madridista Loyalty Program: We also inform you that your information may be processed to keep you informed of the activities and procedures related to your Madridista status, news and organisation of organised events by the CLUB and, occasionally, the CLUB will carry out, both by ordinary and electronic means, the sending of newsletters and magazines, as well as information about the activities and services of the CLUB, in the terms included in the General Program Conditions of the Madridista Loyalty, as long as the Madridista has not opposed this service. This service is based on a legitimate interests of the CLUB, in relation to the need to keep the Madridista informed about the exclusive advantages derived from their participation in the Madridista Loyalty Program. In accordance with the previous, whenever this service is carried out by electronic means, and refers to products and services related to the CLUB, it will be legitimised in satisfying the legitimate interests of the CLUB, pursuant to the provisions of article 21 of Law 34/2002, from July 11, on services of the information society and electronic commerce, as well as the European Regulation of Electronic Commercial Communications. The Madridista may oppose this service at any time.
- Failure to comply with the General Conditions of the Madridista Loyalty Program: In addition, the CLUB may proceed to process your personal data, in relation to improper use of the Madridista Loyalty Program, in order to process your cancellation and cancellation thereof, and/or the Promotional Media, and to terminate the enjoyment of the Advantages and/or Special Advantages, in the terms set out in the General Conditions of the Madridista Loyalty Program. The CLUB will carry out this service in order to guarantee the correct development of its relationship with the Madridista, not exceeding in any case the scope of this purpose, and acting in strict compliance with the current legislation.
- If you were a member of one of the official supporters’ clubs associated with the CLUB (hereinafter, "Peñista"), Real Madrid will be able to process your data for the following purposes with additional character:
- Management of the relationship with the Peñista: The CLUB will be able to process its data for the management of its Peñista status, including this service the development of any operation and, by way of example and not limitation, the modification and/or updating of its data.
- Finally, in the event that you register for any of the official CLUB websites, or the forms that the CLUB makes available to you, Real Madrid may process your data for the following purposes with additional character:
- Management of registration and cancelations of users: In order for Real Madrid to manage all registrations and cancellations of user registrations made through any website, form or application made available to them, and whenever applicable, the CLUB will treat the information you provide, including that which may be obtained through any website, web form or application that is made available to you. This information will allow the CLUB to know your profile, and thus be able to make better offers, and put at your disposal information that may be of interest to you about events and activities organised by the CLUB. The CLUB undertakes to process the data obtained and provided by you for the maintenance of your registration as a user and for the management of your relationship with the CLUB, provided that this data is necessary for the purpose described, as well as for the management of the rest of purposes that we inform you.
- The personalisation of our commercial and promotional offers: During the maintenance of your relationship with the CLUB, the personal data that you make available to us through any website, web form or application made available to you, or the contracting of products and services, may be subject to automated decisions that have legal effects on their person, as well as the creation of profiles, including automatic techniques that use the current data, navigation data from cookies, historical and statistical, data that can be obtained through other sources of information (third-party sources and social networks), for the optimization of the product offers that we offer, prices and new proposals, through segmentation in different groups in relation to common patterns. This process will only be carried out if the CLUB has the consent of the interested party.
- Processing of data relating to own and third party cookies in order to analyse your browsing habits and improve services: You can consult the detail of the information on the cookies policy of Real Madrid in the use of the aforementioned data in the following link https://www.realmadrid.com/legal/politica-de-cookies.
How do we guarantee the security of your data?
Real Madrid maintains security measures to protect personal data in accordance with the content of the provisions of the GDPR, and has established all the technical means at its disposal to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of data that you provide us with.
How will minors' data be processed?
Real Madrid will not collect or process personal data for children under fourteen (14) years of age, without fully complying with the requirements established in the applicable data protection regulations, regarding compliance with the duty to inform and obtain those consents that they are necessary.
How long will we keep your data?
The personal data that is accessed by virtue of your relationship with the CLUB will be processed as long as they are accurate for the management of the purposes reported. In this sense, the CLUB will keep the personal data once its relationship with you is duly blocked, during the limitation period of the actions that may arise from the relationship maintained with the interested party.
Once blocked, your data will be inaccessible to the CLUB, and will not be processed by it, except for making it available to Public Administrations, Judges and Courts, for the attention of possible responsibilities arising from the process, as well as for the exercise and defence of claims before the Spanish Agency for Data Protection.
Finally, and as long as you have not withdrawn your consent for this purpose, the CLUB will keep your data in order to keep you updated on Real Madrid products, events and services that may be of interest to you.
Who will receive your data?
Real Madrid will communicate your personal data:
- In the case of having your consent, the CLUB will communicate your data to its collaborating and sponsoring companies. The list of collaborating and sponsoring companies is accessible through the following link: https://www.realmadrid.com/sobre-el-real-madrid/el-club/patrocinadores.
- Public Organisations, Judges and Courts and, in general, competent Authorities, when the CLUB has the legal obligation to provide them.
- The CLUB has the collaboration of some third-party service providers that have access to your personal data and that the referred data in the name and on behalf of Real Madrid as a consequence of the provision of services. The CLUB follows strict criteria of selection of service providers in order to comply with their obligations in terms of data protection and undertakes to sign with them the corresponding data processing contracts through which they will impose, among others, the following obligations: apply appropriate technical and organisational measures; use the personal data for the agreed purposes and attending only to the documented instructions of the CLUB; and delete or return the data to the CLUB once the provision of services ends. Additionally, the CLUB has contracted the provision of services by the Microsoft Corporation, in charge of data processing located in the United States, a country that does not belong to the European Economic Area. Real Madrid has signed with this company Type Contract Clauses (TCC) that legitimize the international transfer of data.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
You may, in relation to the processes that are based on obtaining your consent, withdraw your consent through the procedure detailed in the following paragraph.
You may exercise, if you wish, the rights of access, rectification and deletion of data, as well as request that you limit the processing of your personal data, oppose it, request the portability of your data, as well as not be subject to automated individual decisions, sending a written communication or contacting the CLUB through the following email address: email@example.com.
You can also contact the CLUB by postal mail at the address: Av. Concha Espina nº 1, 28036, Madrid.
Against which authority can you exercise your claims?
You can file a complaint with the CLUB's Data Protection Office, through the address firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the post to Av. Concha Espina, number 1, Madrid, in order for us to satisfy your rights in this matter. In any case, you can always go to the Spanish Agency for Data Protection in C/ Jorge Juan number 6, Madrid as the control authority in matters of data protection.
 In the event that the interested party holds the status of member, it will be considered for all purposes beneficiary of the advantages derived from the subscription to the Madrid Loyalty Program.
 Real Madrid Club de Fútbol informs you that you can only exercise your rights in accordance with the principles and obligations set out in the General Data Protection Regulations as of May 25, 2018, on the occasion of the full application of the rule.